Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] 2020 Convention  

RSS
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

35th annual National DeSoto Club Convention

Brookfield, Wisconsin

July 29 – August 2, 2020

Reserve your rooms now at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel for the 35th annual National DeSoto Club convention! Special NDC room rates are $109 + taxes per night for either a single king with a pull-out sofa or two double beds and are applicable for up to three days before and after the convention. Located only 15 minutes west of downtown Milwaukee, the host hotel has an indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, ample car/truck/trailer parking, and is directly off I-94 in close proximity to Brookfield Square shopping mall and many other food and shopping locations.

Host Hotel Address: Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, 375 South Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005

Host Hotel Phone: (262) 364-1100

Reservation Link with NDC Rate: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1563999675220&key=GRP&app=resvlink

If you have any issues with reservations or special requests, please contact JoAnne Traczek at the hotel directly at (262) 364-1007.

More convention details will continue to be posted in the coming year.

Posted : August 13, 2019 9:33 pm
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

Additional hotel information not captured in the initial post:

-The cancellation policy is anytime up to 72 hours before the reservation date, so you can make reservations now even if you are not sure if you will attend yet.

-A limited number of rollaway cots are available. Costs are $5/night for kids, $10/night for adults.

-There is one hotel restaurant in addition to the many restaurants within a very short distance.

Keep an eye out for the November-December magazine to come out soon with information regarding other convention details.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2019 6:09 pm
MarkKubancik
(@markkubancik)
Prominent Member

FYI...I made my reservations via the direct link on the NDC homepage.  Very smooth process.  I price-shopped the rate on hotels.com and trivago and they were nearly $30 higher per night, so the $109 per night rate is a good value. 

See all you cheese heads in Brookfield later this year!

Mark

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2020 2:11 am
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

@markkubancik

Thanks for the feedback Mark! I am glad the online process worked well. See you in Brookfield!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2020 2:30 am
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

I did forget to mention it in the article in the magazine, but there is a complimentary shuttle at the hotel for any location within a 5 mile radius. This unfortunately does not extend out to Mitchell International Airport at this time. The hotel is looking into possibly adding limited airport shuttle availability on Wednesday and Sunday. Stay tuned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2020 9:38 pm
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

Excellent video of one of the planned Friday driving tour destinations, the East Troy Electric Railroad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMafPbHp_g

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2020 6:33 am
dandolan
(@dandolan)

We called the 800 number. They said they could not handle it, to call local number. Had trouble getting thru on local number. Busy or voicemail etc.

We ended up just doing it on line with the reservation for NDC link. All worked ok online. We are booked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 5:30 pm
DavidFrank
(@davidfrank)
Member Admin

@dandolan thanks for the feedback and I am glad you were able to get your reservation completed. My best guess is that they are short-handed with personnel to answer the phones due to the virus, but I will communicate that issue back to my contact at the hotel when I talk to them later this week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2020 10:24 pm
Share: