Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

[Sticky] What did you do with or to your DeSoto today?  

Page 13 / 13
  RSS
FredRoman
(@fredroman)
Reputable Member

I started preparing my '59 Firesweep for the drive to Hutchinson to attend the National DeSoto Convention in July.  It'll be a 6 hour drive so I figure a good lube and inspection to all the joints, etc. should be done, a tire rotation, and an oil change.  For local cruising it's been fine but I don't think it will hurt to give it a once over for a distant run.  Cosmetically it's as good as it's going to get - might need a cleanup in Hutchinson though - I'll probably murder a few bugs along the way.

Hope to see many of you in Hutchinson!

IMG 2311

"It's delightful, it's delovely, it's DeSoto"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2019 10:39 pm
MarcCapralis
(@marccapralis)

I tried to put the prop shaft back in my 48 DeSoto business coupe, but I am missing the required C-clamps that the bolts and studs go through.  Unfortunately, C-clamps are not included in the U-joint rebuild kits.  Does anyone know where I can get the C-clamps?  Marc Capralis 951-331-1941  marcapra@msn.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2019 7:22 pm
Page 13 / 13
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register