<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									National DeSoto Club Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://desoto.org/community/</link>
            <description>Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 00:00:46 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Adventures Magazine - DeSoto Fuel Gage System</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14129</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 12:34:44 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi Paul,
In my searching of past issues, the only one I can find or think of that had an article on this was Christina&#039;s fuel float replacement article in the March-April 2025 issue of DeSo...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi Paul,</p>
<p>In my searching of past issues, the only one I can find or think of that had an article on this was Christina's fuel float replacement article in the March-April 2025 issue of <em>DeSoto Adventures</em>, which I sent to you via email on September 23rd. That article goes into a detailed explanation with photos of the access, removal, replacement (including a modern alternative to the cork), and reinstallation. Additionally, I would check that the ground is still good on it. Her '58 has a ground strap that could be cleaned and moved around. I am not sure how the '53 is grounded.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>DavidFrank</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14129</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Adventures Magazine - DeSoto Fuel Gage System</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14128</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 04 Oct 2026 03:30:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[@jimmegee Thank you Jim.  I do not know how to get into the tank.  So I need some guidance as to what I am going run into.  AI on my phone says they know about the fuel level system. So for ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[@jimmegee Thank you Jim.  I do not know how to get into the tank.  So I need some guidance as to what I am going run into.  AI on my phone says they know about the fuel level system. So for now, I will see what info they have.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Paul Murkowicz</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14128</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Adventures Magazine - DeSoto Fuel Gage System</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14127</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 11:40:56 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Almost sounds like the float sank. I &quot;THINK&quot; that if you ground the wire that is on the sending unit the gauge should move to full. I would almost think the problem is in your sending unit. ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Almost sounds like the float sank. I <strong><em>"THINK"</em></strong> that if you ground the wire that is on the sending unit the gauge should move to full. I would almost think the problem is in your sending unit. You should remove it and see if it actually moves up and down. The sending unit in my 1931 Ply. was completely rusted and could NOT move at all. Ground the unit and move the float by hand see if the gauge works. Shake the float to see if it has sank with gas in it. If it has a crack, replace it. (If it is one of those brass floats). I don't know much about a '53, but the info should be the same. I'm not sure which magazine had that article.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>JimMegee</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14127</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Adventures Magazine - DeSoto Fuel Gage System</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system-2/#post-14126</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 03:07:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am back to tweaking my 1953 DeSoto S16 V8.  I believe I have the charging system working correctly.  I will find out when I take it for a drive tomorrow. 
The fuel gage read empty so I pu...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am back to tweaking my 1953 DeSoto S16 V8.  I believe I have the charging system working correctly.  I will find out when I take it for a drive tomorrow. </p>
<p>The fuel gage read empty so I put about 7 gallons in it.  It still reads empty so I am going to see if I can get this working.  There was a very good article in the Adventures magazine but I do not know what issue it is in.  I believe it could have been in the last two years so I will check those issues and probably more.  Does anyone know or does anyone have any kind of index of subjects discussed in case it is a lot further back? My gage was working at that time.  I believe the car sitting for a while caused this problem.  Thank you in advance for any help. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Paul Murkowicz</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system-2/#post-14126</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Adventures Magazine - DeSoto Fuel Gage System</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14125</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 03:06:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am back to tweaking my 1953 DeSoto S16 V8.  I believe I have the charging system working correctly.  I will find out when I take it for a drive tomorrow. 
The fuel gage read empty so I pu...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am back to tweaking my 1953 DeSoto S16 V8.  I believe I have the charging system working correctly.  I will find out when I take it for a drive tomorrow. </p>
<p>The fuel gage read empty so I put about 7 gallons in it.  It still reads empty so I am going to see if I can get this working.  There was a very good article in the Adventures magazine but I do not know what issue it is in.  I believe it could have been in the last two years so I will check those issues and probably more.  Does anyone know or does anyone have any kind of index of subjects discussed in case it is a lot further back? My gage was working at that time.  I believe the car sitting for a while caused this problem.  Thank you in advance for any help. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Paul Murkowicz</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/adventures-magazine-desoto-fuel-gage-system/#post-14125</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: NDC Member Open House During Hershey</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/ndc-member-open-house-during-hershey/#post-14124</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 21:48:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Sounds great. Too far from me and I have no days off for the rest of the year at work.  Hope you have a great time though!]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Sounds great. Too far from me and I have no days off for the rest of the year at work.  Hope you have a great time though!</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Michael Pfeifer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/ndc-member-open-house-during-hershey/#post-14124</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Propshaft U/J,s</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/technical-articles/propshaft-u-js/#post-14123</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 17:10:12 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The 46-54 MoPar parts book is not clear to me. It shows both cross type and ball &amp; trunnion u-joints in use on the S-15. Application appears to be different if your car has Fluid Drive. ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The 46-54 MoPar parts book is not clear to me. It shows both cross type and ball &amp; trunnion u-joints in use on the S-15. Application appears to be different if your car has Fluid Drive. Quantity is "as required", so not very clear.</p>
<p>Does your S-15 have Fluid Drive? What type of u-joints are on the car now?</p>
<p>Sorry I could not be more helpful.</p>
<p>Mark</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>MarkKubancik</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/technical-articles/propshaft-u-js/#post-14123</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>NDC Member Open House During Hershey</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/ndc-member-open-house-during-hershey/#post-14122</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 01:01:24 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[All NDC members attending Hershey are invited to attend an open house at fellow NDC member Hank Hallowell&#039;s Mopar collection on Thursday, October 8th, from 3-6. For anyone interested, contac...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>All NDC members attending Hershey are invited to attend an open house at fellow NDC member Hank Hallowell's Mopar collection on Thursday, October 8th, from 3-6. For anyone interested, contact Hank via the info in the club roster. I don't want to post his personal info or address here for privacy reasons.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>DavidFrank</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/ndc-member-open-house-during-hershey/#post-14122</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Rare Adventurer For Sale</title>
                        <link>https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/rare-adventurer-for-sale/#post-14121</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 00:57:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[This is NOT mine. I did decode it and it&#039;s the real deal, a very rare mostly gold with black sweep and roof &#039;56 Adventurer. One of only 2-3 known to still exist in those colors and seems lik...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>This is NOT mine. I did decode it and it's the real deal, a very rare mostly gold with black sweep and roof '56 Adventurer. One of only 2-3 known to still exist in those colors and seems like a good deal. Comes with another Adventurer as a parts car. Serial number 50384359.</p>
<p>https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1076862378280279/?referralSurface=messenger_banner&amp;referralCode=2&amp;ref=messenger_banner</p>
<p>Photos included for when the link disappears eventually.</p>
1945
1946
1948
1947
1949
1950
1952
1951
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://desoto.org/community/"></category>                        <dc:creator>DavidFrank</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://desoto.org/community/general-discussion/rare-adventurer-for-sale/#post-14121</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		