Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

Notifications
Clear all

Board Packet 420 Dec 2018 - regarding comment on Hershey vender space for 2019  

RSS
RichardHartung
(@richardhartung)
Estimable Member Club Member

BillNoble:

I read the posting of the NDC Board Packet number 420. At the end of the packet there is a blurb to the NDC trustees regarding the funding of a Vender spot for the 2019 Hershey fall swap Meet.

As the contact person for these two sites because I am the person with the AACA membership the two sites are always registered in my name.

After reading the post I was never contacted by the NDC trustees regarding if they were going to approve or not approve a funding for a site.  I would also have thought that since Les, being the President of the NDC, and also a Board trustee and a voting member would have at least been contacted or had some input to this topic.

The entire NDC Board knows that Les drives in to Hershey every year and represented the club at one of the two adjoining vender spots that he and I purchased with our own funds, but there is no final mentioned decision as to what the NDC board did nor did not do to make a decision on this topic.

Yes it was rainy 4 days but Les and I were still on the site representing the club in 2018.  I would assume that Les being the President that he would have written a report back to the NDC on what happened at the 2018 event.  I was never contacted and since Les's spot was paid for by the NDC I assume that he would be the contact person for any and all updates.

So can you or some please update or make a posting as to what the NDC trustees decided to do.  This is another example of the club making decisions but never posting any information and or who voted to allocate or not allocate funds. 

Rich HArtung

Posted : July 20, 2020 1:28 am
WilliamNoble
(@williamnoble)

I reviewed the Board Packets that came after #420 and found no further discussion regarding the NDC having a spot at Hershey.  Apparently, due to lack of interest, the matter was dropped.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2020 7:24 pm
RichardHartung
(@richardhartung)

@williamnoble: In your reply to my question about the Hershey spot for 2019 was there any kind of formal email or letter sent to either Les Pesavento (President of the NDC) or either Rich Hartung to inquire about us asking for the NDC to allocate funds for one of the two vendor spots at the 2019 Fall Hershey event.

Since the two spots are registered in my name because you have to be an AACA member to get a spot I was the primary contact for the two spots and Les represented the NDC for the one spot.

I or Les never received any type of request from the NDC Trustees asking if we were going to ask for an approval from the NDC Trustees to approval of them to fund the cost of 1 vendor spot.  It sounds as if the Boar just made  an vote or non vote not to fund the the site.

So I think it is not fair statement that no action was not taken on the Board behalf.  They Board should be required to have made an official request to me and to Les asking both of us if we would be requesting the board to allocate the cost of 1 site.  And then they then needed to either approve or not approve and it should be noted how the board voted.

So from the way I read this reply is that no one made any type of vote and the idea was just dropped and neither Les or I were even contacted.  I would also assume that since Les is the President of the NDC at that time when the item was presented he would of had some input on the topic and there is no mention of any discussion on the topic.

Just dropped the issue like a hot potato. So does this Board follow Roberts rule or do they just make a decision with out any input and also the required number of board members to vote on a topic.  I am very confused on how the club is being run behind the members back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 1:56 am
WilliamNoble
(@williamnoble)

Pesavento gets the Board Packets; he made no comments nor motions regarding this topic.  And since none of the other Trustees made any comments or Motions, the topic was dropped.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 8:39 pm
Share: