Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

Glenn Colburn's 1959 DeSoto Firesweep Sportsman  

RSS
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here are some photos of Glenn Colburn's 1959 DeSoto Firesweep. Glenn was recently elected president of the Great Lakes Chapter. Glenn actually drives his 1959 DeSoto as transportation in Ft Wayne Indiana, and drives his car to shows and club meetings!

Here is a front quarter view:

Brent Jacobsen
Owner of a 1952 Desoto Firedome

Posted : 25/09/2017 1:47 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is a rear quarter photo of Glenn's '59. Glenn is slowly getting the rust spots on the car repaired with new metal. It is always interesting to check in with him at the next show to see what he has done.

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2017 1:51 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is a dashboard shot of Glenn's car:

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2017 1:54 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

O.K. geeks, here is an engine shot of Glenn's '59. a pretty nice looking 361 CID 2 BBL Chrysler Corporate B-Block. Notice that bellows-type power brake booster. Glenn says the brakes work good, but it is a devil to add brake fluid! Glenn does most of his own engine work and repaints parts as he works on them. This car is a great driving restoration! I'm looking forward to seeing what is new on that car at the club spring meet. I hope my 1952 is running good enough to drive to it.

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2017 2:01 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register