Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

Joseph White's 1956 Desoto Firedome Sedan  

RSS
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here are some photos of Joe White's 1956 Firedome 4-door sedan from the 2017 Ypsilanti Orphan Car show. I have to apologize for having incomplete photos of this fine car. I was halfway through, when we were summoned to start the pass-in-review.

Here is a front quarter view of Joe's car with the hood up. The cars with the DeSoto hemi V-8's seem to be of great interest to the crowd, so we leave the hoods open to let the folks gawk.

Brent Jacobsen
Owner of a 1952 Desoto Firedome

Posted : 25/09/2017 5:52 pm
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is a photo of Joe's 1956 Firedome dashboard.

I really wanted a rear quarter and engine compartment shot of this car- it is a beauty, and it has power steering and power brakes. The power steering pump has the interesting slotted two-bolt mount that allows for leveling the reservoir.

You have to come back next year Joe, so I can finish the job. We'll give you an extra piece of peach pie......

Brent Jacobsen
Owner of a 1952 Desoto Firedome

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2017 6:00 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register