Unregistered users may browse the website, but in order to participate in the forums a user account is required.  Click HERE to email the webmaster and request an account.  The National DeSoto Club uses real names rather than pseudonyms.  Notify the webmaster of your user name preference (Johnathon Doe, John Doe, etc) and password request.

Bill and Ann Miller's 1932 DeSoto SC Coupe  

RSS
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here are some photos from the September 17th 2017 Ypsilanti Michigan Orphan car show of Bill and Ann Miller's 1932 DeSoto SC coupe. This car is just too nice to be kept a secret. Here is a front quarter view. I love those chrome horns and that Indy 500 Miller Special Race car grille. Perfect car for a guy whose last name is Miller!

Brent Jacobsen
Owner of a 1952 Desoto Firedome

Posted : 24/09/2017 12:41 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is another shot, this time the rear quarter of Bill and Ann's '32.

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2017 12:44 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is a photo of the dashboard of Bill and Ann's 1932. Makes you want to climb in and take it for a spin doesn't it?

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2017 12:47 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Last year at the 2016 orphan show, I cornered Bill and had him open the hood to show me the engine. Bill let me take photos of both sides. Here is the right side showing the updraft carburetor and manifolds.

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2017 12:51 am
BrentJacobsen
(@brentjacobsen)
Estimable Member

Here is the left side of the engine in Bill's car. Notice the oil filter. Not too many competing cars had those in 1932. Also notice the cooling jacket that only encloses the top part of the block. If you study this engine you will notice that it has a deep skirted block- that is, the block extends down below the centerline of the crank.

What a great car!

Brent Jacobsen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2017 12:59 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register